Thursday, February 7, 2013

Please don't....

I'm lying with ER to sleep and AN doesn't want to nap.

She's outside and dying to start on her daily exercises.
Under such a circumstance, she'll usually be constantly barging into the room to check if ER is asleep.

Today, I hear nai nai helping her outside. FINALLY, A CONSTRUCTIVE ACTION INSTEAD OF KEEPING THE KIDS GLUED TO TV WHILE SHE CHATS ON THE PHONE.

But as I listened on, I heard her switching from Chinese, to Maths, to English. That's AN's style. She probably is teaching AN as according to the little girl's requests.

And I panicked coz MIL is reading to her in her very imperfect English.

Mr Liow and I are concerned that AN is speaking broken English. She doesn't need to speak perfect English but her English is direct translation of Mandarin with sound effects instead of descriptive words very often.

And many times, we don't understand her English. That's bad.

I'm trying to quickly get away from ER now so that I can take over!

AN usually does her own reading from exercise books as she does what the questions ask of her. She has to be able to read before she can answer questions.

And reading out loud helps her get used to proper English sentence structures too.

MIL spoon feed her. With wrong pronunciations. Bad combo.

Call me unappreciative but tough work is not teaching my kids. Tough work is trying to do damage control.

Won't she just stick to helping AN with Mandarin?

I really need to regain control over many things..

No comments:

Post a Comment